RJ: What insight did I gain from today's talk.
The insight that I had gained from today talk is that we must take note of the way we carry our bag, especially when we are carrying heavy loads with us. Recently, when I went for spine checkup, the doctor tells me that my left lumbar hump is positive 3 degrees off. It is due to back the years, I had been carrying heavy bag to school improperly.
After the talks, I further understand that carrying a bag with any amount of loads properly is very important to our body as after long period of time can cause our spine to grow out of shape. And it is very difficult to recover back to normal shape again. I am using sling bag when I go out with friends or school.
I could really feel the strain painful sour effect on the side of the shoulder after carrying for about thirty minutes and I need to rest for awhile, if not my lower back would start to stressed up also. The effort exerted is greater as its only supported by one side of the shoulder.
Now, I would consider using a backpack if I am carrying heavy loads around 15-20% of my body weight with proper carrying of it by carrying it around my chest height level in order to balance off the force exerted on left and right side of the body. I would take notice in future for the way I am carrying bag more carefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment